Start today with at least one of the following tips and you will see changes:
1) Drink 2 litres of water every day. Ideally sip throughout the day, not at mealtimes. You will need to drink extra water when exercising.
2) Try and avoid snacking during the day and if you need to snack then make sure its a healthy one!
3) Stay active throughout the day - take stairs rather than escalators or lifts, get up from your desk every 30 minutes for a walk around.
4) Limit your alcohol consumption
5) Eat more vegetables - aim for 5-7 portions per day and include at least one green veg. And try include 2-3 portions of fruit.
6) Switch to whole grains e.g. oats, buckwheat, quinoa, wholewheat pasta, wholegrain rice, rye sourdough bread.
7) Cut back on tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugary drinks. Try herbal teas instead.
8) Introduce some resistance training to your weekly exercise routine - push ups, bicep curls, lunges, squats....
9) Take time out of your busy day to relax, or read, or phone a friend, or observe nature. Get plenty of sleep.
10) Avoid pollutants and toxins as much as possible (including those we breath in, put on our skin, eat). Walk in a park rather than in traffic, avoid smoking or passive smoking, check the ingredients of skin creams, watch out for veg and fruit that is heavily sprayed with pesticides.