Breakfast is an important meal - start the day off well
1) Start by choosing a good quality yogurt a natural whole yogurt, preferably organic. (low fat versions have lower levels of fat soluble vitamins and tend to have added sugar to hide the diminished taste due to the reduced fat content).
2) Add some fruit - banana, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, grated apple or pear, stewed apple, blackberries (pick wild blackberries in summer/autumn and store in the freezer to use during the winter/spring)
3) Include a variety of nuts and seeds - first roast them in a moderate oven for 10 minutes, allow to cool and then use a food processor to grind them to a coarse or fine texture, store in a sealed container in the fridge and add a dessertspoonful of this nutritious mix to your yogurt each morning.
4) Cacao beans are nutritionally dense and although bitter tasting on their own, they add a lovely flavour to the ground nuts and seeds mentioned above. Add a few of them to grind up with the mix.
5) Toasted oats will turn your yogurt into more of a meal. Spread some oats on a baking tray and toast in a moderate oven for 10 minutes. Leave to cool and you can add them to the nuts, seeds and cacao and grind.